"You accepted the slavery of the Raven because you were scared of death. I accepted because I was afraid to go on living."
—Lucinda to Knull.
Scary doll lady
|Home Island||Hidden Island(for most of her life)|
|Affiliation|| Captain Snow(boss), |
Knull(friend), Corveau(lost love),
Lydia & Abbess Tabitha(former friends)
|First Appearance||Book 1, page 24|
Lucinda Potter is a young woman possessed by The Raven, who agreed to work for the evil spirit in exchange for removing her emotions.
Lucy was born into a very wealthy family that fell on hard times when her father died and her mother vanished, she was brought to the abbey by a loyal maid who knew the child would be looked after there. She became close friends with abbey mother's daughter; Lydia, and eventually became the reader of The Listing of Names.
Back in the Abbey she was described as intelligent, clever and loved by all. She was funny, kind, a philosopher, and a poet. But she was hopelessly fascinated by the outside world, which led her to become infatuated with the shipwrecked Corveau.
After accepting a raven into her, she became quite literally emotionless.
- Book Compatible - She was one of the Listing of Name's Readers, before the book chose one of the Luck Brothers to be the next.
- Weapon Efficiency - She is experienced in sword-fighting and ax-wielding.
- Hiragi Training - At the abbey Lucinda was trained to use a Hiragi "Blooming Lotus" cannon.
- Spirit: Cat surrounded by darkness
- Before she became a raven her spirit was a full cat, but it has been suppressed by her darkness.
- Her spirit bears a resemblance to the dark half of the yin-yang symbol.
- Lucinda is named after the doll Lucinda from the short-story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice".
- Her last name is also derived from the author's name; Beatrix Potter.