A somewhat proud race, the dragons have strong feelings on keeping their bloodlines pure, as only full-blooded dragons can transform.
A dragon council rules the Eastern section of The Archipelago.
There are four kinds of dragon, each kind corresponding to one of the four seasons. These seasons determine a dragon's various qualities, such as type of breath. (e.g. breathing fire vs. breathing ice)
- Summer Dragons are born in (Archipeligan summer months), and have the traditional fire breath.
- Autumn Dragons are born in (Autumnal months, and breathe smoke.
- Winter Dragons are born in (winter months) and possess ice breath.
- Spring/Vernal Dragons are born in (spring months) and spit acid.
- Kroft Skyfrost - Full dragon who uses a jeweled pendant to transform. Winter dragon.
- Claire Solair - (3/4 Dragon)
- Chesska (Windlost) Solair - (1/2 Dragon)
- Cherna - Full dragon. Winter dragon
|Click to show spoilers|
- Spring Dragons breathe acid, mostly because they are by nature are small and quick little creatures with thorny spikes, which makes [the author] think of how plants often use poison has a defense mechanism.
- Autumn dragons are more laid back and they don’t like to fight, so their breath weapon is more for strategic escapes or distraction.
- Both the acid and the smoke of spring and autumn dragons can have different abilities and qualities such as poison or sleep or stickiness.
- Dragons dislike to kill their own kind, so if a dragon does some considered deeply wrong (such as murder), the other dragons will saw off the offender's horns to mark him or her as a criminal.